Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Cow Brand No-Additive Cleansing Oil Review

So I've been reading up on cleansing oils lately and decided to give them a go. The cleansing oils that you hear about most in the states are the Shu Uemura ones, but as you can no longer get those in the states, I decided to look further. My next two choices were Kanebo's from the Silky Purifying line, and the La Mer cleansing oil. Both were too expensive for me. Instead, I headed down to Seattle's international district to hit up Uwajimaya. I heard okay things about the Kracie Naive Orange oil and olive oil ones, but wanted something with better recommendations, so I ended up picking up a bottle of Cow Soap's Mutenka No-Additive Cleansing Oil, which was cosme.net's #1 cleansing oil for 2009. 

   This line is their "No-Additive" line. It's free of parabens, mineral oil, fragrance, and dye; perfect for sensitive skin.  



   The texture is lighter and more watery than some heavier cleansing oils (DHC, etc)


   Upon adding water, it easily emulsifies. 

(I know, this picture looks more than a little wrong)

   As for it's effectiveness at removing makeup, take a look:
Before

One drop right on top, quick swipe of the finger (this is a waterproof liner)


Wiped once with a dry tissue, not even rinsed!

   I plan on trying this cleansing oil out on my oily/combination skin for a few weeks. Would I suggest it so far? Absolutely! Ran me about USD$15 at Uwajimaya in Seattle. Otherwise available online at amazon.com

Ingredients: Ethylhexyl palmitate, PEG-glyceryl triisostearate 20, Toriechiruhekisanoin, Wed, BG, Squalane, PEG-7 glyceryl coconut oil fatty acid, Deshirugurikoshido, Isostearate, glycerin

Disclosure: This item was purchased by myself for my own personal uses and review. All opinions expressed herein are my own. 




No comments:

Post a Comment